If your personal information was affected by a July 2021 Data Incident at DuPage Medical Group, you may be eligible for a payment and/or credit monitoring services from a class action settlement.
A state court authorized the Notice.
The Final Fairness Hearing
- A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against DuPage Medical Group, Ltd. d/b/a DuPage Medical Group (“DMG” or “Defendant”) relating to a cyberattack against Defendant’s computer systems that occurred between July 12, 2021 and July 13, 2021 (the “Data Incident”). The computer systems affected by the Data Incident contained personal identifying information and protected health information of certain individuals. The Plaintiffs claim that Defendant was responsible for the Data Incident and assert claims such as negligence, breach of express and implied contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and violation of Illinois’s consumer protection laws. Defendant denies all of the claims.
- If you received a notification from Defendant of the Data Incident, you are included in this Settlement as a “Settlement Class Member.”
- The Settlement provides payments to people who submit valid claims for expenses and lost time relating to the Data Incident, and for credit monitoring and identity protection services. Alternately, you may forego those benefits for a cash payment of approximately $50.00. It also provides for equitable relief in the form of data security enhancements.
- Your legal rights are affected regardless of whether you do or do not act. Read this notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM BY NOVEMBER 29, 2022||This is the only way you can get payment or a code for credit monitoring services.|
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE SETTLEMENT BY OCTOBER 30, 2022||You will not get any payment or credit monitoring from the Settlement, but you also will not release your claims against Defendant. This is the only option that allows you to be part of any other lawsuit against Defendant or related parties for the legal claims resolved by this Settlement.|
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT BY OCTOBER 30, 2022||Write to the Court with reasons why you do not agree with the Settlement.|
|GO TO THE FINAL FAIRNESS HEARING ON NOVEMBER 14, 2022||You may ask the Court for permission for you or your attorney to speak about your objection at the Final Fairness Hearing.|
|DO NOTHING||You will not get any compensation or credit monitoring from this Settlement and you will give up certain legal rights. Submitting a claim form is the only way to obtain payment or credit monitoring from this Settlement.|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice. For complete details, view the Settlement Agreement, available on the Important Documents page, or call 1-844-595-0553.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.